Target suburbs for investing now
October 14th, 2016 by Geoff Baldwin
While the masses act when the market is peaking smart buyers jump in when the big hand is passing 6 on the economic clock and in WA that time is here according to Geoff Baldwin, MD of RE/MAX WA.
As we move towards the warmer month’s inquiry is increasing and home open numbers are up as more and more investors come back into the market before it too heats up.
Following are six suburbs that are ripe for growth:
- Ocean Reef – well undervalued but set to go after the announcement of progress on the new marina
- Bunbury – Always more vibrant in summer and right now there are positive geared opportunities to be had.
- Hillarys – An A class suburb that is equal in every way to its neighbor, Kallaroo which has moved up by 17% over the past year.
- Margaret River – While nearby Busselton has increased by nearly 12% over the past 12 months, Margaret River has lost ground. This is about to change!
- East Vic Park – Close to the CBD, close to the action and sure to move up.
- Padbury – Close to the freeway and 2 minutes from the beach yet down 6.6% over the past year. Huge opportunity for a positive turn around!
Buyers should seek qualified guidance form an agent who genuinely specialises in property investment but the window won’t remain open for much longer for those who want to buy at the bottom.